The village of Lois Weedon lies to the southwest corner of Northamptonshire, combining with the village of Weston to form a single community. The villages provide a Primary School, a Church of England Church and the 17th Century Pub. Weston features one of the oldest Baptist Churches in Northamptonshire, which was built in 1791. More comprehensive facilities can be found in the market towns of Towcester, Brackley and Banbury and the A43 dual carriageway links to the M40 and M1 motorways is only a few miles distant. Rail services can be found at Milton Keynes (London, Euston and Bicester (London, Marylebone).
In the 11th century Gilo de Pinkney built a castle in Wedone and the village became known as 'Weedon Pinkney'. All that remains of it today is a tree-covered mound beside the village green, which is greatly reduced from its original size.
The 11th century priory has also vanished and all that is left are the monks' fishponds in the field known as 'Church Close'. When the monks discovered a mineral spring to the south of the church they made it into a well and dedicated it to Saint Lucien. It became known as St Loys' well- this was the beginning of the village being known as Weedon St Loys. The water from the well was believed to have healing properties and it attracted many pilgrims.
The peaceful church, dedicated to St Mary and St Peter, witnessed a violent scene on Sunday, 2nd July 1643, when twelve Parliamentary troopers rode from Northampton to arrest the Anglican priest, William Losse.
There is a very weathered tombstone in the churchyard showing a woman handing a cup to her husband, which is supposed to contain poison. It is linked with the story about a woman who poisoned her husband and was burnt at the stake in a field near Weston. She was supposed to have been the last person to die at the stake in England.
Weston takes pride in possessing one of the oldest Baptist chapels in Northamptonshire, which was built in 1791. Until then baptisms took place in an open air baptistry at Cathanger Farm, near Woodend.
Until his death in 1988, Sir Sacheverell Sitwell, the youngest brother of Sir Osbert and Dame Edith Sitwell, lived at Weston Hall. Sir Sacheverell is buried beside his wife and his mother Lady Ida Sitwell in the churchyard extension. Dame Edith is also buried there, her grave marked by a tapering stone pillar on which is fixed a bronze plaque, by Henry Moore, depicting two delicate hands, the hands of Youth and Age.
Why the village is called 'Lois Weedon', when all the modern maps and signpost record it as 'Weedon Lois' remains a mystery. To many of the locals, in fact, it is still called by its ancient name of 'Loys Weedon'.