Hellidon is an attractive and popular unspoilt village set in south Northamptonshire countryside, having a population of about 170. The village, which has a popular pub/restaurant and church, is well situated for communications both locally and for motorways. Local shopping is available at Daventry with larger centers at Northampton, Banbury and Leamington Spa. There is good access to the M1 at junctions 16 and 18 (approximately 11 miles) and the M40 at junctions 11 and 12 (approximately 12 miles). Hellidon also has the advantage of nearby Hellidon Lakes Golf and Country Club which features 27 hole golf, a gymnasium, tennis courts, 10 pin bowling, fishing, snooker and a range of restaurants. Education is provided locally at Staverton with Public schools being available at Rugby, Warwick and Stowe. The village community of Hellidon is extremely strong with a thriving theatre group and a private tennis club among the activities on offer.
Hellidon is a village and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 180, it reached its highest population, 449, in 1861.
The village used to be the centre of an ironstone quarrying industry until the 1950s and an industrial railway operated in the area, which conveyed ironstone to the Great Central line at Charwelton. There are now several vineyards in the Hellidon area; one of these is the Windmill Vineyard which accommodates the white tower mill of Hellidon with a silver cap.
The first mention of a post office in Hellidon is in 1847, the first postmaster was John Wells, who described himself as a shoemaker in the 1841 census but as a shopkeeper in 1849. By 1854 he was described as 'Postmaster and Letter Receiver'.